It has been a long time!!! I have finally recovered from my stomach/GI tract issue. I realized how dangerous it can be to put my body through dramatic dietary changes. I won’t be making that mistake ever again, haha!
I have an amazing recipe to share with you today. This is probably one of the best way to cook zucchini and squash. If you crinkled your nose at the word zucchini and squash, please give this recipe a try.
I really wish I could have shared this recipe with you little earlier since zucchini and squash are well known summer vegetables. But it’s not too late! You can still find pretty good deals on these beauty at your local grocery stores.
So here it goes!
You need to halve the zucchini and squash to get the seeds out. People who don’t like these vegetables tell me they don’t like its mushy texture. No worries here! When you take out the seeds, it helps to keep the veggie a lot crispier!
I simply use a spoon to scrape out the seeds.
Then, you slice them. I sliced them diagonally only because I thought it looked pretty but you can cut them how ever your heart desires! That’s the beauty of home cooking. You can do whatever you want 😉
You sprinkle those veggie with salt and place them on the colander to drain its natural water for about 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes or so, you can use a paper towel to pat the vegetable dry and stir fry them in the pan! Super easy and simple!!
The reasons why I love to cook these vegetables this way are
- They are not MUSHY!
- I can truly taste zucchini and squash!
They are very mild tasting vegetable but just a little help from salt and pepper goes long way to really enjoy the taste of summer!
I know the summer is almost gone but before it’s too late, try to cook these vegetable my way! You won’t regret it!! Happy eating, my friends!
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large summer squash
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Halve the zucchini and summer squash.
- Scrape the seeds of zucchini and squash using a small size spoon.
- Thinly slice the zucchini and squash diagonally.
- Place the cut zucchini and squash to the colander and sprinkle the vegetable with salt. Mix the vegetable with salt.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes. Vegetable will lose its water over time.
- Using a paper towel, pat dry your vegetable.
- On a medium size pan, heat the oil.
- Add the vegetable slices and sautéed them for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with pepper.