Today, I have a cookie recipe that does not require flour!!!! Whaaaaaaaat????!!!!! I know!!!!
This recipe is inspired by “Chewy Almond Cookies” from Sweet & Savory by Shinee. These cookies are seriously SOOOOOOOO good! I honestly am not a huge cookie fan. I mean, I like them, but it’s very rare that I crave cookies. Don’t get me wrong. I do enjoy eating them, but I think I can live without them (man….I already am feeling the rage from some of you, hahaha). Although I am not so passionate about cookies the way I usually am with savory food, I really, really like these cookies!
They’re chewy, sweet, and nutty. I can literally taste every single ingredient in the cookies! But Hubby and a couple of my friends weren’t exactly loving the pronounced taste of honey in the cookies. So that really got me thinking about the recipe. How can I make it my own? Hmmm….. After couple days of thinking numerous cookie thoughts, these flourless almond chocolate cookies were born!!
Please, please don’t judge me for having a cookie recipe that makes only six cookies. I’m one of those rare human who can eat ONE cookie and be perfectly content. So six cookies is more than enough for me. Seriously guys, let’s put the judgment aside and talk about this delicious clean dessert!!
It’s flourless and instead of using butter and sugar, it has coconut oil and agave nectar. To satisfy your chocolate craving, I added some cocoa powder and chocolate chip chunks. This cookie really reminds me of eating dark chocolate. It has a slight bitterness from cocoa powder, but it’s very subtle and pleasant. I shared these cookies with some of my coworkers, and they were a hit!
These cookies have no preservatives, no added chemicals, and no processed or refined sugar or flour. They are made with real wholesome ingredients! Yes, you are right! You can eat these cookies and feel good about it!
Why don’t you make these beauties tonight for your dessert?!!
Happy eating, my friends!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- handful of chocolate chunks
- Heat your oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, mix together agave nectar, vanilla extract, and coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients except chocolate chunks.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. The mixture will be very sticky.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal balls.
- On a baking sheet, lay the silicone mat and place the cookie dough and flatten it with your hand.
- Place chocolate chunks on top of the flattened cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and cool it for at least 5 minutes.