Did you get to try my Mexican shrimp yet? If the answer is no, just do yourself a favor and click the link right now!!! This shrimp is da BOMB!! It is so versatile and simple to make.
To give you an idea where you can use these yummy shrimps, I made an appetizer that can easily be your lunch or quick dinner.
This Mexican toast is super easy to whip up. I took a shortcut by using a canned refried bean. I personally think it is such a smart idea to incorporate pre-made food such as refried bean to make your cooking life easy! 😉
On a baguette bread, I spread some refried bean and add sautéed onions and peppers. Then I place my amazing Mexican shrimp on top and sprinkle some shredded Mexican blend cheese. It doesn’t have to be Mexican blend cheese. Whatever kind of shredded cheese will work beautifully. By the way, this is a great way to use up your cheese!
Then you bake them in the oven until all the cheese melts. Garnish these beauty with green onion and be ready to treat yourself to delicious Mexican shrimp toast!
Seriously, how easy is that?!!
I made these as my quick dinner so I served them with some chips and salsa. If you were to make this as an appetizer, I recommend cutting the baguette smaller to make them into a bite size yumminess!
Next time you are having a party, make these Mexican shrimp toast and be the star of the party!
Happy eating, friends!
- 1 baguette bread, cut into 4 pieces and halve them
- 1 cup refried bean of your choice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ large onion, sliced
- ¼ of yellow bell pepper, sliced
- ¼ of red bell pepper, sliced
- ¼ of orange bell pepper, sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cooked Mexican shrimps (about 24 shrimps)
- ½ cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1 green onion, thinly slice (garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium size pan, heat the oil and sautéed onions and peppers. Season with salt.
- Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- On a bread, spread about 2 tablespoons of refried bean.
- Top the bread with onion and pepper mixtures.
- Place shrimps on top and sprinkle about tablespoon of cheese.
- Assemble rest of the bread halves.
- Bake for 5 minutes until all the cheese melts.
- Garnish with green onion.