How was your week? I have this super yummy shrimp recipe that is so versatile you can use on pretty much anything and everything.
This would be great and perfect for:
- Your fresh salad for added protein
- Quick weeknight meal with a bowl of rice and steamed vegetables
- Shrimp taco
- Appetizer (as it is)
The possibility of this shrimp dish is infinite!
So the birth of this dish was kind of a happy accident. I had some fresh shrimp that I wanted to fix for upcoming week. I usually cook them with heaping amount of butter with garlic but I was craving something little more spicy and bold flavor but my mind was drawing blank. I was staring at the peeled shrimps for a while and just ended up using my blackening seasoning!
Do you guys remember my “Banging Blackened Fish Taco” recipe? If you have not check it out, you are missing out. BIG TIME!!
So I tried the seasoning on cod fillet and tilapia fillet for fish taco but never on the shrimps. Now that I made this shrimps, it makes perfect sense that my seasoning would wok great on pretty much any seafood!!
My seasoning has perfect amount of heat/spiciness with touch of sweetness that complements the natural sweet and succulent flavor of shrimp so well.
As you can see in the pictures, I peeled my shrimps completely! Many people leave its tail on. I personally never knew why people cook it that way knowing people have to eventually take them off to eat but it doesn’t really bother me. I will work for food. I have ZERO problem peeling my shrimps before it goes into my tummy but my hubby hates peeling the shrimps even if it is just a tail.
So I go the extra mile and peeling the shrimp completely so that he can just enjoy without dirtying his hands. Yes, I am a wonderful wife, hahaha (patting myself in the back) 🙂
Because I used fresh shrimps for this recipe, it takes no time to eat these yumminess. It literally takes less than 10 minutes. To be exact, it takes whopping 8 minutes! To tell you the truth, it took way longer time to peel the shrimps than cook them!
Why don’t you make my Mexican shrimps for dinner tonight and let your creative mind to come up with more quick and delicious way to enjoy them?!
Happy eating friends!
- 2 lb raw shrimps, medium to large size
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of My blackened seasoning (1.5 tablespoons paprika, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon dry thyme, ½ teaspoon dry oregano, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- In a large bowl, add shrimps, oil, and 1 tablespoon of blackened seasoning.
- Line the baking sheet with silicone mat or foil and lay the shrimps in one layer.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of seasoning on top of the shrimps.
- Bake for 8 minutes.