My Thai Curry Chicken Meatballs are juicy, succulent, moist, spicy, tangy, and have all the flavor you love about Thai curry. These meatballs are pretty much Panang chicken curry made into meatball forms! Say “No” to your boring plain meatballs and say “Yes” to these Asian flare of exciting chicken meatballs!
Early Happy Thanksgiving, Ya’ll!!! Are you excited for all the butter heavy deliciousness of the Thanksgiving food? I am!!! I am so ready to loosen my belt (I actually will be in my sweatpants, haha) and eat away! But before I indulge myself with yummy American food, I gotta have my Asian food fixing to balance the butter out. My Thai curry chicken meatballs will absolutely satisfy my Asian food craving!
I made Thai turkey meatballs before. I love this recipe but I really wanted up-front Asian flavor. If you are working your way up to strong garlic and spicy Asian flavor, I strongly recommend my Thai Turkey Meatballs recipe to ease into this flavor packed yumminess. But if you are ready to enjoy your Panang curry in meatball form, this recipe is for you! Let’s get started 🙂
This is very straight forward recipe. You mix everything in a bowl and shape them into meatballs and bake! Yes, it is that simple!! You need to conserve all your energy to cook the Thanksgiving dinner, remember?!!
Instead of using aluminum foil and oil the baking sheet, I used parchment paper to eliminate the usage of any oil. Considering the fact that many of us will consume half stick to a stick of butter for upcoming meal, let’s make this one as healthy as possible, shall we? 😉
I also bulked up my meatballs with grated carrots and green onion. These vegetable will essentially keep your meatball moist, flavorful, and nutritious!
I cooked some rice the day before so I served mine with rice and sautéed green bean. But I am very interested to find out how it would taste as a burger!!! (Hmmm….there goes my future blog post idea!!)
I wish you guys a very wonderful and lovely Thanksgiving and happy eating, my friends!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 green onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except the sweet chili sauce.
- Roll the mixture into balls. The mixture should make about 16 meatballs. What I do is divide the mixture into four equal section. Then divide those individual mixture into another four equal amount to make 16 meatballs. The mixture will be very sticky. You can put tiny bit of oil on your hands to make it little easier.
- Place the meatballs onto baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the meatballs are out of the oven, place all the cooked meatballs into a large bowl and coat them with sweet chili sauce. Serve with cooked rice and vegetable of your choice.