Hi guys! How would you like flavor packed tuna patties that can be served under 30 minutes for your dinner tonight? Sounds good?!! I thought so 😉 These tuna patties are made with chicken stuffing mix, tuna (of course!), veggies like carrot, onion, green onion, and celery, and cheese! How can they not taste good? Right?!!
This tuna patty recipe is actually adopted from “Tuna Patties-Kraft Recipes”
I made them numerous times but they didn’t have enough veggies for my taste so I tweaked the recipe and made my own for several years now. Mine certainly has a lot more veggies and less mayo and cheese (I can hear some of you booing already…) but please feel free to add more cheese and mayo as much as up to twice the amount in my recipe.
The reasons why I like to make these tuna patties are:
- They are super easy and quick to make. They take less than 30 minutes (start to finish). Yes, that is quicker than ordering a pizza or Chinese take out.
- You don’t have to worry about the cooking time. The only thing that needs to be cooked is the egg. 3 minutes on each side will give plenty of time for the egg to cook. So this is a fool proof recipe 😉
- These tuna patties are versatile! You can enjoy as it is but it also makes great sandwich or wrap!
- They just taste so freaking yummy!
Feel free to make these tonight and continue to enjoy these delicious tuna patties for your lunch tomorrow. Happy eating, my friends!
Super Easy and Quick Tuna Patties
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 27 mins
- Yield: 8 patties 1x
- Category: Main
- 2 cans (5 ounces) tuna in water, drained
- 1 package Stove Top Stuffing
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choice (I used Mexican blend)
- 1/2 cup water + 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except vegetable oil. Mix well until everything is well incorporated.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 8 patties.
- On a non-stick skillet, heat about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil on a medium heat.
- Add four patties on the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Once all four patties are browned on both sides, take them out and add rest of vegetable oil on the skillet and cook the rest of the patties.
- Enjoy with roasted vegetable, rice, or on your sandwich.