Vegetarian Caprese Sandwich with Balsamic Glaze
Sweet dinner roll smeared with pesto, topped with creamy mozzarella, and tomato with a drizzle of balsamic glaze! A perfect appetizer!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 sliders 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 6 sweet dinner roll, cut in half
- 4 tablespoons pesto of your choice
- 1 to 2 fresh mozzarella cheese balls, sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Place the sliced mozzarella cheese on a clean kitchen towel or paper towel to absorb its access water.
- Slice the dinner roll in half. Slice the tomato and set it aside.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of pesto on the bottom of each roll.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of pesto on the top part of each roll. Set them aside.
- Place the sliced mozzarella cheese and tomato on the bottom of each roll.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Top with the other half of the roll and serve right away.
- Please refer to the “Tips on making Caprese Cold Sliders with Balsamic Glaze” section above.
- Due to the moisture in tomato and fresh mozzarella cheese, I don’t recommend making these ahead of time. These can be made in less than 10 minutes. If it’s for a party, I would prepare tomato and mozzarella and assemble right before serving.
Keywords: Caprese Cold Sliders with Balsamic Glaze, Caprese sliders, Caprese, Sliders, Appetizer