Grilled Vegetables in the Air Fryer
Grilled vegetables in the air fryer – A quick, simple, easy, and genius way to enjoy grilled vegetable year around using your air fryer! No need to fire up and stand in front of a hot grill to enjoy grilled vegetables anymore!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 24 minutes
- Total Time: 29 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
For the marinade
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or any other neutral-tasting oil)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb blend (if you don’t have Italian herbs, you can use a combination of dried thyme, basil, and oregano)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste (NOT in the marinade. You will season the vegetable with salt at the end)
- 2 large bell peppers, cut into big chunks
- 1 medium-size zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch-thick slices/disks
- 1 medium-size yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch-thick slices/disks
- 3 to 4 large king oyster mushroom, cut into large strips (or 1 package of mushroom of your choice)
- 1 large onion, cut into large pieces
- Prepare your vegetables into similar sizes.
- In a large bowl, prepare the marinade by mixing all the ingredients except the salt (You will season the vegetable with salt AFTER the vegetables are cooked in the air fryer).
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- Add all the vegetables except mushroom to the marinade and mix them with your hands until everything is well coated. Once all the vegetables are coated with the marinade, add the mushroom and mix again to coat (mushroom tends to absorb the marinade so we are adding them at the end. In this case, other vegetables will have a chance to get coated with marinade).
- Add half of the vegetable to the air fryer basket. Cook for 12 to 14 minutes and shake the vegetable halfway through.
- Take the vegetables out of the air fryer and season with salt.
- Repeat until all the vegetables are cooked.
- Please refer to the “Helpful tips on how to make grilled vegetables in the air fryer” section above.
- The “grilled” vegetables in the air fryer can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- The vegetables used in this recipe are tender vegetables that you’d use in veggie kabobs. If you were to use firm vegetables such as potato, carrot, and sweet potato, you need to cook them longer in the air fryer (370F – 400F for 20 to 25 minutes) and also need to cook them separately from tender vegetables.
Keywords: grilled vegetables in the air fryer, air fried vegetables, grilled vegetables, air fryer vegetable, summer vegetables