Kimchi Soy Chorizo Fried Rice
Kimchi Fried Rice with Soy Chorizo - a perfect Korean-Mexican fusion food that is full of complex flavors of spicy, tangy, and umami!
- Author: Georgie
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Main course
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Korean
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1 cup chopped kimchi
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cup cooked rice
- 2-3 ounces of vegan soy chorizo (from Trader Joe's)
- 1/4 cup kimchi juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed (for garnish)
- Snack size seaweed paper package, crumbled (optional)
- In a large skillet, add oil and chopped green onion and cook on medium heat until the onions are fragrant.
- Add the chopped kimchi, soy chorizo, sugar, and garlic powder. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rice and kimchi juice. Stir frequently to mix everything well.
- Continue to fry the rice for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with sesame seeds and seaweed paper.
- There are plenty of salt from kimchi and soy chorizo so no need for additional salt.
- If you are using vegan kimchi, this dish can be vegan. However, kimchi traditionally is made with fish sauce so if you are a vegan, please read the label carefully.
- Seaweed paper garnish is optional but I think it adds wonderful umami flavor and you won't regret adding them in the fried rice. This is actually how a lot of restaurant in Korea serves fried rice dish.
Keywords: Kimchi Soy Chorizo Fried Rice, kimchi fried rice with soy chorizo, kimchi fried rice, fried rice