Oven Roasted Sheet Pan Summer Veggie Pasta
Oven-roasted sheet pan summer veggie pasta – Easy and healthy pasta recipe made with zucchini, yellow squash, red onion, and tomato! Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner! This yummy pasta is vegan friendly.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 to 3 servings 1x
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Italian-Inspired
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 large size zucchini
- 1 medium to large size yellow squash
- 1/2 large red onion
- 1 cup and 1/2 cup cherry tomato
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 ounces pasta (I used spaghetti), cooked according to package
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the zucchini and yellow squash in half, lengthwise. Then cut them into a half-moon shape, about 1/2 inch thickness. Cut the red onion in 1/2 inch thickness as well.
- Transfer all the cut vegetables on a baking sheet pan and arrange them in one layer.
- Drizzle about 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt, black pepper, dried basil, and dried thyme on top of the vegetables.
- On a smaller baking sheet, add the cherry tomato. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the vegetables for 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are baking, cook the pasta according to its package. Reserve about 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- After 20 minutes, take the vegetable out of the oven. If you are making the pasta according to this recipe (for about 2-3 people), transfer half of the vegetables (not the cherry tomato) to a container. See the note for leftover vegetables.
- Add the cooked pasta and roasted tomato to the baking sheet. Make sure to scrape all the oil and tomato juice from the roasted tomato. Mix the pasta with vegetables with tongs and enjoy.
- This recipe is for 2 big servings or for 3 people. If you were to make this recipe for a family of 4 (using about 8 ounces of pasta), do not reserve the roasted vegetable and use them all in mixing with pasta.
- If you did reserve some roasted vegetables, they are great in salad, wrap, and sandwich. See the “What to do with leftover vegetables” section above.
- I did not have to use the pasta water to thin out my pasta. I had plenty of oil and juice from the vegetables to coat my pasta. However, if your pasta looks dry, add a little bit of pasta water to thin them out. You can also use more extra virgin olive oil as well.
Keywords: Oven roasted sheet pan summer veggie pasta, oven roasted veggie pasta, summer veggie pasta, pasta, veggie pasta