Breakfast Quesadilla with Refried Beans & Eggs
A protein-packed and delicious breakfast quesadilla with refried black beans and scrambled eggs! Soon to be your family’s favorite breakfast!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3 quesadillas 1x
- Category: Breakfast/brunch
- Method: Pan fried
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 3 large burrito size flour tortillas
- 1 cup black refried beans (or regular refried beans)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 and 1/2 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Sour cream, guacamole, and/or hot sauce, for serving
- On a large size non-stick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and scramble 3 eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Set the eggs aside. We will use the same pan to cook the quesadilla.
- Make a halfway cut on large flour tortillas from the center to the edge (cut a line from the center of the tortilla to the bottom edge). Gently fold the tortilla in 3 so it will leave folding marks to guide us where to put the fillings.
- On the first area (the left side from the cut), spread 1/3 cup of refried beans evenly. Add the scrambled egg on top. Press gently on the eggs so they will stick to the refried bean.
- On the rest of the area (2/3 of the tortilla), spread 1/2 cup of the cheese evenly.
- Lift the side with the beans and eggs and fold it towards the second area. And fold once more to make the 3 layers.
- Set it aside and repeat with the rest of the tortillas to make 3 quesadillas.
- Heat the pan with 1/3 tablespoon of butter on medium heat. Add the assembled quesadilla to the pan. Cook until it is golden brown, about 2 to 4 minutes. Carefully flip the quesadilla and cook the other side for a couple more minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and/or hot sauce.
- If your tortilla is cold, it can crack and be difficult to fold. Microwave them for 10 to 15 seconds. This will make the tortilla easy to handle.
- Please follow the instructions and photos above (refer to the “Using the Tortilla Hack” section above) to assemble quesadillas.
- You can make this quesadilla ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Keywords: breakfast quesadilla with refried beans and eggs, breakfast quesadilla, quesadilla with refried beans and eggs