Extra Spicy Fried Rice with Vegetable (Vegan)
Extra Spicy Fried Rice with Vegetable (Vegan) - Fiery and addicting fried rice (vegan friendly) that is too delicious to pass! This spicy fried rice is certainly not for the faint of heart. Simple, quick, and easy fried rice recipe that is packing some serious amount of heat to satisfy your spicy food craving!
- Author: George
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Fried Rice
- Method: Stir fried
- Cuisine: Asian
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian stir fry sauce (vegetarian oyster sauce)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (sambal oelek)
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or vegetable oil)
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1-2 jalapeños chopped (seeds removed before chopping)
- 3 bird's eye chili (optional) (See Note below)
- 4 cups cooked rice (jasmine rice or short-grain sushi rice)
- Sriracha sauce (for serving, optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together vegetarian stir fry sauce (vegetarian oyster sauce), soy sauce, and chili garlic sauce. Set aside.
- Prepare your vegetable. Mince the garlic and finely dice the bell pepper. Remove the seeds and membrane of the jalapeño and dice finely. If you are using bird's eye chili, only use the bottom half of the peppers.
- Place the prepared sauce and vegetables near the stove so you can add them quickly.
- On a large non-stick skillet, heat about 3 tablespoons of oil. Add the minced garlic and cook until they turn slightly brown.
- As soon as the garlic turns light brown, add the diced jalapeño, bell pepper, and bird's eye chili. Fry them with frequent stirring for a couple of minutes.
- Add the rice to the mixture and pour the sauce over the rice.
- Continue to fry and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Serve with extra chili garlic sauce or sriracha sauce.
- Bird's eye chili is extremely hot. I only use the bottom half of the chili because the top half contains most of the seeds. If you have sensitive skin, use disposable gloves when handling/chopping the chili. Bird's eye chili is what make this fried rice extra hot.
- Do you want to know more about vegetarian stir fry sauce (vegetarian oyster sauce)? Check out my Super Easy 5 Ingredients Egg Fried Rice to learn more!
- For a less spicy version of the fried rice, please read the section "How to make this recipe LESS SPICY" above.
Keywords: extra spicy vegetable fried rice, spicy fried rice, fried rice, spicy rice