Fresh Homemade Tomato Salsa with Red Wine Vinegar
Fresh Homemade Tomato Salsa with red wine vinegar – healthy homemade salsa recipes made with fresh tomato, onion, jalapeno and red wine vinegar!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 and 1/2 cup of salsa 1x
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 Roman tomatoes, diced into small chunks
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Dice the Roman tomato into small chunks and transfer to a colander. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt and let it sit for 20 minutes (this process will help draw out water from the tomato).
- While the tomato is draining, mince the jalapeno and onion.
- After 15 minutes, transfer the tomato into a bowl and mix with minced onion and jalapeno.
- Add the red wine vinegar and mix until everything is well incorporated. Taste and add pinch of salt, if needed.
- Salting and draining the diced tomato is an optional step. Although this process help draws water out of the tomato and make less water-y salsa, you can skip this step if you don’t have time. You can simply mix all the ingredients in a bowl and serve right away.
Keywords: fresh homemade tomato salsa with red wine vinegar, homemade salsa, tomato salsa, salsa with red wine vinegar