How to make Healthy Egg Quinoa Fried Rice
How to make healthy egg quinoa fried rice – Gluten-free, high protein, and high fiber healthy dish that’s easy, satisfying, and tasty! 7 ingredients and 15 minutes are all it takes to enjoy this delicious quinoa fried “rice”.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Fried Rice
- Method: Stir fried
- Cuisine: Asian
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2 Tablespoons neutral-tasting oil
- 4 green onion, sliced (reserve some for the garnish)
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Aminos (see notes)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste (I used white pepper)
- On a large non-stick skillet, add the oil, sliced green onion, and a pinch of salt. Turn on the heat and cook the green onions until they are tender and the oil is fragrant about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and scramble the egg with green onion.
- When the white of the egg starts to turn white but still runny, add the cooked quinoa to the pan. Mix until the quinoa and eggs are well mixed.
- Add the liquid aminos and garlic powder. Mix until everything is well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you want to know how to cook quinoa (stovetop method) and how to cool them to make the fried rice, please refer to the section above.
- If you don’t have liquid aminos, you can use soy sauce. Liquid Aminos is a lot saltier than my low sodium soy sauce. If you are using soy sauce, start with 1 and 1/2 tablespoons and adjust the amount to your liking.
- I used white pepper instead of black pepper to season my fried rice. I find white pepper to be more mild tasting than black pepper but it’s not necessary. If you only have black pepper, you can use them in the dish or omit it altogether.
- The cooking time of the recipe does NOT include the cooking and cooling time of quinoa.
- This recipe yields 2 LARGE servings. It should be enough to feed 3 people.
Keywords: healthy egg quinoa fried rice, egg quinoa fried rice, egg fried rice, quinoa fried rice, fried rice, quinoa