For mandu filling
- In a colander, add shredded cabbage and sprinkle salt on top. Gently toss them together and set aside while you prepare other ingredients.
- Boil water and cook the glass noodle according to the package (I cooked mine for 8 minutes). Drain and rinse under cold water. Squeeze out all the water and transfer it to a big bowl.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut the noodle into very small pieces.
- Add the grated carrot and green onion to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, sesame oil, white or black pepper, ginger powder, garlic powder, onion powder, sugar, and liquid smoke. It should resemble a loose paste.
- In a frying pan, add the oil and beefless ground. Cook for a couple of minutes until the ground is no longer frozen. Add the mixed sauce to the ground and continue to cook until everything is well mixed.
- Turn off the heat and add the bulgogi seasoned ground to the vegetable and noodle mixture.
- Squeeze out all the water from the shredded cabbage. Chop the cabbage into small pieces and add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the rest of the soy sauce to the mixture and mix until everything is well incorporated.
For mandu (see the photos in the post above)
- Wet the edge of the wrapper with water.
- Add about a heaping tablespoon of filling in the middle.
- Fold the dumpling in half without sealing them completely but pinch the middle part together. This helps the filling to be not spilled out.
- Carefully fold the bottom part of the wrapper towards the center while pinching the top part of the wrapper together so they are sealed together.
- Repeat the process on the other side (folding it towards the center).
- Pinch the edge of the sealed mandu once more to secure the fillings.
- Repeat until you use up all the fillings and wrappers.
For cooking mandu (Pan-frying method)
- Heat about a tablespoon of oil on a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the mandu to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes or until it’s golden brown.
- Flip them on the other side and continue to cook for a couple more minutes.
- Once the other side is golden brown, cook the last side until it browns.
- Serve right away.