How to slow roast cherry tomatoes in the oven
Learn how to slow roast cherry tomatoes in the oven - With only 4 ingredients, you can make this versatile, delicious and easy recipe to transform your cherry tomatoes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 and 1/2 cups 1x
- Category: condiment
- Method: Roasting/baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes
- 4 - 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed (I used 6)
- 1 cup olive oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- In a baking dish, dump everything together and bake for 60 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the roasted tomatoes in the oven for additional 15-20 minutes (optional).
- You can add fresh or dried herbs of your choice to flavor this recipe further. You can use fresh thyme or basil.
- The salt is merely used to help release the juice and flavor from the tomatoes and garlic. So if you were to use this for other dishes like pasta, you need to season with more salt.
- If you half the batch, reduce the cooking time to 40-45 minutes.
- You can store this in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- When refrigerated, the oil will harden and turns an opaque orange color. This is normal. You can let it come to room temperature and it will turn clear in color again.
Keywords: How to slow roast cherry tomatoes in the oven, slow roasted cherry tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, roasted cherry tomatoes