Japanese Pork Curry
Japanese Pork Curry - With a little help from a store, you can create a super easy curry dinner (5 ingredients) in less than 30 minutes!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main course
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 2-3 boneless porkchop, cubed
- 2 medium-size carrots, cut into big chunks
- 1/4 large onion, cubed
- 1 medium-size potato, cut into big chunks
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- Half a box of Japanese curry sauce mix/roux
- 3 cups water
- Cooked rice (for serving)
- In a medium pot, brown the meat in oil.
- Add all the vegetables and water. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Place a lid on the pot and reduce the heat. Continue to boil until potato is tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Add the Japanese curry sauce mix/roux to the pot. Stir until the curry mix is completely dissolved. Simmer for a couple more minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.
- For this recipe, you are using half the box of the curry sauce/roux. Store the other half in the refrigerator for a couple of months. If you removed the film from the roux, place them in a zip-lock bag and keep it in the fridge.
- You can reheat the curry in a microwave. Just add a splash of water. As the curry sits in the fridge, the sauce gets thicker. Adding a little bit of water helps thin out the sauce.
Keywords: japanese pork curry, japanese curry, pork curry