Oven Baked Swai Fish Recipe (from frozen swai)
Easy, flavorful, and quick recipe perfect for a weeknight dinner! Start with frozen fish fillet and dinner will be ready in 30 minutes!
- Author: Georgie
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Cook Time: 27 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 fish fillets 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 4 Swai fish fillets (4 ounces each, frozen)
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (I use Lawry’s low sodium seasoned salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients except fish and cooking spray.
- On a baking sheet covered with foil (for easy clean up), lay the frozen fish fillets.
- Spray the fish fillets with cooking spray. Spray it just enough so the seasoning will stick.
- Sprinkle half of the mixed seasoning on the fish.
- Flip the fish and coat with cooking spray and sprinkle with rest of the seasoning.
- Cook in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes. Fish is most likely opaque in color.
- Turn off the oven but leave the fish in the oven for 15 more minutes. This will ensure the fish will be cooked through so that it is completely opaque and flaky.
- You can rinse your fish fillet under cold water, pat them dry with a clean kitchen towel before seasoning the fish.
- If your fish fillet is bigger than 4 ounces, increase the cooking time.
- The cooked fish will keep in the refrigerator for 3 days.
Keywords: Oven baked swai fish, swai fish recipe, swai, fish