Supreme Nachos with Soy Chorizo (vegetarian friendly) – crowd-pleasing and perfect appetizer for Labor day weekend or any game day!
Nachos, Nachos, Nachos…
Is it not one of the best crowd-pleasing appetizer in the world? There is a good reason why you see nachos on the menu in pretty much all the restaurants and bars. Nachos are a great sharable dish but I’m not gonna lie to you guys. My husband and I often eat nachos as a meal.
When we have a good game (football or ice hockey) or fight (UFC: ultimate fighting championship) to watch, we often make big nachos. Then we plant our butts in front of the TV, grubbing nachos, and wash it all down with a beer to indulge ourselves with some quality relaxing time.
Since we are having nachos as a meal (not as an appetizer), my nachos are more than some chips with melted cheese. My Supreme Nachos with Soy Chorizo is indeed worthy to be called a meal.
What is in my Supreme Nachos with Soy Chorizo?
- Of course, the Soy Chorizo: Yes, guys. my obsession with vegan Soy Chorizo from Trader Joe’s continues.
- Corn: the sweetness from the corn gives the perfect balance to spicy pickled jalapeños.
- Two types of cheese, Mozzarella, and Mexican Style Cheese: I like the flavor of the Mexican style cheese but I also like how mozzarella melts. So why not put both, right?!
- Avocado: the creaminess of the avocado is such a welcoming textural contrast to crunchy chips.
- Sour Cream: you can’t call something “supreme” if you are not using sour cream. Who doesn’t like smooth velvety tangy goodness?
- Tomato and Onion: simple and basic but necessary ingredients to complete the nachos.
My nachos are great for lazy dinner, especially if you are situated comfortably in front of the TV. But it also is an incredible appetizer that everyone will love. So now, you have not one but two amazing appetizers that you can share with your family and friends on this Labor day weekend: my supreme nachos with soy chorizo and indoor grilled veggie sandwich!
Happy eating, friends.Print
Supreme Nachos with Soy Chorizo
Supreme Nachos with Soy Chorizo (vegetarian friendly) – crowd-pleasing and a perfect appetizer for Labor day weekend or any game day!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 3–4 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- Tortilla chips of your choice
- 3–4 ounces of soy chorizo, cooked
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomato
- 1 Jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- 2–3 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeño
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a small non-stick skillet, add 2 tablespoons of diced onion and soy chorizo and cook them on medium heat for 2-4 minutes. Set it aside.
- Assemble the nachos. Place the chips in a single layer and sprinkle the rest of the ingredients except avocado and sour cream.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Top the nachos with diced avocado and drizzle sour cream before serving.
- If you like spicy food, adding the fresh jalapeño slices in addition to pickled ones are great. But if you are not a big fan of spicy food, feel free to skip the fresh jalapeño slices.
Keywords: Supreme nachos with soy chorizo, nachos with chorizo, vegetarian nachos, nachos, nachos supreme