5 ingredients Oven Baked Hoisin Tofu
The best oven baked hoisin tofu - With only 5 ingredients, you now can make this sticky, spicy, and sweet goodness. Be aware - it's super addicting!
- Author: George
- Prep Time: 65 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Asian
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic chili sauce (optional - if not using, add about 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Blot the tofu with a clean kitchen paper towel to get as much water out of the tofu as possible.
- Cut the tofu into strips, about 1/2 inch thickness.
- In a large dish, mix together the rest of the ingredients and coat the tofu.
- Marinate the tofu in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Then flip the tofu and marinate for additional 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- On a baking sheet lined with silicone mat or parchment paper, place the tofu. Do NOT discard the leftover marinade.
- Bake the tofu for 12-15 minutes.
- Take the tofu out of the oven and flip them over. Baste the tofu with leftover marinade.
- Bake for additional 12-15 minutes.
- If you are not a fan of spicy food, use apple cider vinegar in the place of chili garlic sauce. Taste your marinade and adjust the amount to your liking.
Keywords: oven baked tofu, hoisin tofu, oven baked hoisin tofu, tofu, vegan tofu recipe