Vegan Creole Sausage Cacciatore
Vegan creole sausage cacciatore – Tasty Creole twist on your chicken cacciatore, vegan style! Easy, healthy dinner in 30 minutes!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- Category: Main course
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 package of vegan sausage of your choice (I use Beyond sausage Brat flavor)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (2 to 3 stalks)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 can diced tomato (14.5 oz)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Black pepper to taste
- Cooked rice, short-grain pasta, mashed potato, or polenta (for serving)
- On a large skillet, cook the vegan sausage according to its package. If you are using Beyond sausage, there is no need to add the oil. As the sausage cooks, it releases oil from the sausage.
- Once the sauce is cooked, take them out and slice them into bite-size pieces. Return the sausage to the pan and brown the sausage pieces for a couple of minutes.
- Take the sausage out of the pan and set them aside.
- On the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon of oil, celery, and onion. Cook them until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and cook with frequent stirring for 30 to 45 seconds until you smell the garlic cooking.
- Add the bell pepper to the mixture. Cook for a minute or two.
- Add the diced tomato, sugar, Creole seasoning, oregano, and black pepper to the mixtures.
- Bring the sauce to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to simmer, put the cooked sausage back into the skillet. Stir to mix and place a lid. Cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.
- If you are not using Beyond sausage, you may have to add additional oil to cook the sausage.
- This recipe makes rather a thick sauce. If you want your sauce to be thinner, you can add more tomato or vegetable broth. Season accordingly with more Creole seasoning or salt.
Keywords: Vegan creole sausage cacciatore, sausage cacciatore, vegan cacciatore, creole cacciatore, vegan jambalaya