Vegan sushi bowl with fish sticks and spicy mayo
Tasty homemade sushi bowl recipe that’s easy and healthy. The crunch from vegan fish sticks, creamy avocado, crisp cucumber with sweet and spicy mayo on top makes this bowl a perfect sushi lunch! Find out how to make this delicious vegan-friendly sushi bowl here!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Main course
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Diet: Vegan
- 3 cups cooked sushi rice (short grain rice)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Spicy Mayo Sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 4 to 6 vegan fishless filets, cooked according to package (I used Gardein's Golden Fishless Filet)
- 1/3 English cucumber, diced into small cubes
- 2 small avocados or 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 small green onion, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- Bake the vegan fishless filets according to their package.
- While the fishless filets are baking, mix together apple cider vinegar, rice wine vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Stir until sugar and salt are dissolved. Add the mixture to the cooked sushi rice. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix together vegan mayo, sweet chili sauce, and sriracha. Set aside.
- Assemble the sushi bowl. Place the seasoned sushi rice in a bowl, about 1 and 1/2 cups. Add the diced cucumber, vegan fishless filets, and avocado. Drizzle with vegan spicy mayo sauce. Garnish with green onion.
- You should have more than enough spicy mayo for the bowl. Since the rice and the fishless filets are already seasoned, you probably won't need a lot for the bowl. You can store the leftover sauce in the fridge for a couple of days.
- The preparation time includes the baking time of the fishless filets.
Keywords: vegan fish sticks sushi bowl with spicy mayo, vegan sushi bowl, vegan fish sticks, vegan buddha bowl, vegan poke bowl