Mushroom Spinach White Pizza
Mushroom Spinach White Pizza – creamy ricotta with sauteed mushroom and spinach is a match made in heaven! Takes less than 30 minutes to make this deliciousness!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2 large pizzas 1x
- Category: Main course
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian-Inspired
- Diet: Vegetarian
1.5 lb of pizza dough of your choice (or half of either this recipe (using a stand mixer) or this pizza dough recipe by hand), divide in half
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, (plus 2–3 tablespoons, optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 package button mushroom, sliced
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
2-3 cups baby spinach leaves
1 teaspoon oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a medium-size non-stick skillet, add the sliced mushroom and cook on high heat for a couple of minutes. The water from the mushroom will start to extract and evaporate.
- Once the water from the mushroom started to evaporate and the mushroom turns slightly brown, add the butter and dried thyme to the mushroom. Stir frequently and cook for an additional minute or two. Take them off the skillet and set them aside.
- On the same skillet, add the oil and spinach leaves. Sprinkle garlic powder and pinch of salt to the spinach and cook until all the spinach leaves are wilted, about 3-5 minutes.
- When the spinach is wilted, take it off from the heat and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 cup of ricotta cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil.
- Divide the pizza dough in half.
- Flour the working surface and start stretching the dough flat. Do the same for the other dough.
- Spread the ricotta mixture to each of the stretched pizza dough evenly and thinly.
- Add the cooked mushroom and spinach to both pizzas.
- Add 1/3 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (each) on top of the pizzas.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes if you like spicy pizza. If not, skip this step.
- Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper on top.
- Place the pizzas in the oven and cook for 11-12 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and enjoy them right away.
- Red pepper flakes are totally optional. If you don’t like spicy food, please skip this ingredient altogether.
- If you like creamy pizza, dollops of ricotta will totally give you that creaminess.
- Other great topping options are grated parmesan cheese and/or a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Keywords: mushroom spinach white pizza, white pizza, pizza