Raise your hand if you like homemade pizza! My foolproof easy pizza dough recipe is about to rock your world. Let’s get started!
I think pizza is everyone’s favorite comfort food. We love pizza but I personally think homemade pizza is the best! Do you remember my Detroit Style Pizza? This amazing pizza is like deep-dish pizza meets focaccia. I know, right?!!! If you haven’t check this recipe out, please click the link and make this for dinner tonight!
What I didn’t include in my Detroit Style Pizza recipe is the recipe for pizza dough. I have been using different recipes I found on Pinterest but I finally came out with my own that I can use for my pizza. I’m very excited to share this with you today 🙂
What I do to prove my yeast is dissolved 1 tablespoon of sugar in the warm water prior to adding my yeast so that the yeast has enough food to feed and make a yummy dough.
You can certainly make this without using the stand mixer but I didn’t feel like kneading the dough and all that extra work. I shall do my work eating the pizza 😉
The stand mixer will do all the hard work for you and the most difficult part is for you to wait for the dough to rise. You have to wait at least half an hour for this process.
Once the dough is ready, I decided to make my Detroit Style Pizza for dinner again.
I spread the dough in the tin-casserole dish as you can see above. Then added some toppings. You can add whatever your heart desires.
Here you have it, my fool proof easy pizza dough recipe! Let me know how you like my Detroit Style Pizza using this dough recipe. Happy eating, my friends!
Don’t have a stand mixer? Don’t let that stop you from making delicious pizza dough at home! Here is a pizza dough recipe by hand. Enjoy!Print
Fool Proof Easy Pizza Dough Recipe
- Yield: dough enough for 2 large pizza
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a measuring cup, dissolve 1 tablespoon of sugar in 2 cups of warm water.
- Once the sugar is all dissolved, add 1 tablespoon of active dry yeast.
- Let it sit for 5-10 minutes until they are foamy and bloomed.
- While waiting for your yeast to bloom, mix together the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- In a stand mixer, add about 2 cups of flour mixture with the yeast mixture.
- Mix at a low speed until they are well incorporated.
- Add the rest of the flour mixture, about 1/2 cup of flour mixture at a time.
- Once the dough forms, let the stand mixer knead the dough for about a minute more.
- In a large bowl, add about 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and cover inside the bowl.
- Transfer the dough to the bowl and let it rise for at least half an hour.