Kimchi Fried Rice 101 (Everything you need to know)
Classic kimchi fried rice recipe that’s simple, easy, quick, and customizable. This tangy, spicy, and salty kimchi fried rice will never disappoint you.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2 1x
- Category: Fried Rice
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Korean
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil (or any neutral tasting oil)
- 1 heaping cup of fermented kimchi, cut into bite-size
- 2 teaspoons Korean red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 Fried eggs (for a vegetarian version, skip for vegan)
- 2–3 teaspoons sesame oil, for garnish
- Green onion and seaweed paper strips, for garnish
- On a large skillet, heat the oil and fry the kimchi for a couple of minutes
- Once your kimchi smells fragrant, add the Korean red pepper flakes if using. Continue to fry kimchi for couple more minutes.
- Add the sauce to the mixture. Do not stir the kimchi mixture and let the soy sauce bubbles and cook down a bit, about a minute.
- Add the rice and turn the heat down to medium. Using two wooden spoons, mix together the rice and kimchi mixture until everything is well incorporated.
- Garnish with sesame oil, green onion, and seaweed paper strips. For a vegetarian option, top your fried rice with a fried egg.
- Please read the helpful tips sections above for adjusting the spice and salt level of the dish.
Keywords: Kimchi Fried Rice 101, everything you need to know about kimchi fried rice, classic kimchi fried rice, Korean food, kimchi fried rice