Easy and Creamy Dairy free Horchata
Deliciously sweet, creamy, cinnamon-flavored drink ready in 5 minutes or less! You can easily customize the sweetness and creaminess of the drink. Vegan-friendly
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 12 ounces 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: Mexican Inspired
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of cinnamon simple syrup (adjust to your liking)
- A couple of shakes of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup of oat milk (or non-dairy milk of your choice)
- 1 cup of rice milk
- Ice (for serving)
- Add the syrup to the glass
- Add a couple of shakes of cinnamon powder
- Pour in the oat milk (or other non-dairy milk of your choice)
- By using an electric hand-held milk frother, mix the cinnamon powder into the oat milk. If you don’t own a hand-held milk frother, you can use the shaker/mason jar with a lid.
- Add the ice cubes to the glass.
- Top off the drink with rice milk. Enjoy right away.
- This drink is very customizable. You can adjust the syrup, cinnamon powder, and milk amount to your liking.
- If you don’t have an electric hand-held milk frother, you can use a cocktail shaker or a mason jar with a lid.
- If you like vanilla flavor, you can add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the drink or use vanilla-flavored milk.
- I do NOT recommend making this drink ahead of time. The fiber from cinnamon powder will eventually dissolve in water to create cinnamon sludge. Although it is harmless to consume, it is not very appetizing.
Keywords: quick non-dairy horchata inspired drink, non-dairy horchata, vegan horchata, horchata