White Pizza with Sausage and Pepper
White Pizza with Sausage and Pepper - if you like Italian sausage and pepper subs/hoagies, this homemade pizza recipe is for you! Easy way to use up any kind of sausage to make delicious cheesiness pizza. There is a vegetarian version of the recipe available!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 medium pizzas 1x
- Category: pizza
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups sliced bell pepper and onion
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1.5 lb of pizza dough of your choice (or half of this recipe (using a stand mixer) or this recipe (by hand)), divide in half
- 6 to 8 provolone cheese slices
- 2 links Vegan Italian Sausage, cooked and sliced (for a vegetarian option - I used beyond sausage Hot Italian)
- 2 links sausage of your choice, cooked and sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- In a large size non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil to the pan and cook the peppers and onions. Once the onion turns slightly transparent but still crisp (about 3-4 minutes), turn the heat off and season with salt and pepper.
- On a baking sheet, place the pizza dough (I made one medium size vegetarian pizza and one regular sausage and pepper pizza).
- Add the provolone cheese on top of the pizza dough.
- Add the cooked peppers and onions, cooked sausage, and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the pizza with red pepper flakes for heat (optional).
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes until all the cheese melts. Serve right away.
- This recipe makes one medium size vegetarian pizza using vegan sausage and one medium-size regular sausage and pepper pizza. But if you want to make it all vegetarian or regular, either double the vegan sausage or regular sausage to make one large pizza.
- Red pepper flakes are totally optional but it adds mild heat that can pair very well with the rest of the ingredients.
- This recipe does not add tomato sauce to the pizza. My intention is to replicate the flavor of the original sausage and pepper subs. You are more than welcome to add the tomato sauce but I highly recommend you give this recipe a try 🙂
Keywords: sausage pepper and onion white pizza, pizza, white pizza, sausage pizza