Dairy-Free White Sauce Veggie Pasta is perfect for a meatless Monday dinner. Healthy vegan pasta recipe that’s easy, creamy, and packed with veggies. Yum!!
Pasta is perfect for weeknight dinner! It's fast, easy, and most importantly delicious! I'm here to share a veggie pasta recipe with white sauce that's made with no dairy! So this can be on your upcoming meatless Monday menu!
This pasta reminds me of the flavor of a chicken pot pie without chicken, of course. And I believe the flavor actually comes from the Vegan Chicken Flavor Bouillon Powder. Guys, if you have not made this bouillon powder yet, you are missing out big time. This will not only add tons of flavor to the dish but you no longer need to buy cartons of chicken and vegetable broth! Wouldn't it be nice to just have a jar of this in your pantry and make your own broth in an instant with just adding water?!!
Although I feel very strongly about using this powder to flavor the pasta sauce, if you already have some chicken broth, you are more than welcome to use it in this recipe.
- Pasta - I use short pasta (fusilli) for this dish. I recommend using pasta that the sauce can cling to.
- Vegetables - Did I tell you this pasta reminds me of chicken pot pie? The dish has all of the classic veggies in chicken pot pie like onion, carrots, peas, and corns. But to kick it up a notch, I added broccoli florets.
- Butter and flour - I used vegan butter but you can use regular butter if you are not vegan. You are using these two ingredients to make the roux.
- Almond milk and vegan chicken flavor bouillon powder (or chicken broth) - Using the almond milk makes the sauce creamier and the bouillon powder adds so much depth of flavor to the dish. But if you have chicken broth, you can use that instead.
For your upcoming meatless Monday, surprise your family with this easy flavorful dinner!
Happy eating, my friends!Print
Dairy-Free White Sauce Veggie Pasta
Dairy-Free White Sauce Veggie Pasta is perfect for a meatless Monday dinner. Healthy vegan pasta recipe that’s easy and packed with veggies. The flavor of chicken pot pie minus the chicken! Yum!!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Italian-Inspired
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, cut into small bite-size
- ½ cup finely chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter (or regular butter)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or chicken broth)
- 2 teaspoons vegan chicken flavor bouillon powder (omit if using chicken broth)
- ⅓ cup frozen pea
- ⅓ cup frozen corn
- 8 ounces short pasta of your choice
- Cook the pasta according to the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. Add the onion and cook until onion is slightly translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and cook until it smells fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broccoli and carrot. With frequent stirring, cook the vegetables until they are vibrant in color.
- In the middle of the skillet, make a well and add the butter to the pan. Once the butter is almost all melted add the flour. Stir until you no longer see the flour. Mix the roux with the rest of the vegetables in the pan.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Add the almond milk (or chicken broth) and vegan chicken flavor bouillon powder (omit if using chicken broth). If you are using chicken broth, taste the sauce and add additional seasoning if necessary.
- Cook the mixture in medium heat until the sauce thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the cooked pasta, frozen pea, and frozen corn. Mix until everything is well coated with the sauce. Cook for couple more minutes and serve right away.
- This recipe is vegan friendly if using vegan butter, almond milk, and vegan chicken flavor bouillon powder. But if you not vegan, you can use regular butter and chicken broth to make the dish.
- If you want your pasta to have more sauce, feel free to use more almond milk or broth. Season accordingly.
Keywords: dairy-free white sauce veggie pasta, veggie pasta, vegan pasta, no dairy white sauce pasta
Such an easy and quick dinner! My husband loved it!