Mocha Flavor Banana Protein Smoothie - Breakfast smoothie that is easy, tasty, healthy, and rich in protein! This smoothie will keep you energize and full!
Having a hearty breakfast in the morning was a habit that I never got to establish. For me, I much prefer a gigantic cup of hot beverage. It used to coffee but now my cup is filled with tea, matcha latte, or various coffee alternatives (I wrote a blog post on coffee alternatives that taste like the coffee here). When I feel I'm awake enough to eat (this is by the time when I finish my morning drink), I usually ease myself into either a yogurt bowl with fruits and granola or smoothie.
My husband and I both like smoothies in the morning. Our go-to smoothies are usually filled with fruits like banana, strawberry, peach, mango, pineapple, and/or apple. We like to throw in some spinach or kale to make it a green smoothie sometimes. But recently, I was craving something more chocolatey, dessert-like, and something that would hold me up until lunch. And this is how my Mocha Flavored Banana Protein Smoothie was born!
Ingredients in Mocha Flavored Banana Protein Smoothie:
- Banana (frozen or fresh) - this ingredient is the base of the sweet smoothie.
- Soy milk - soy milk can provide about 7 grams of protein per cup. Considering the fact that whole milk has 8 grams of protein per cup, I'd say soy milk is a great substitute if you are lactose intolerant. You can read about the milk comparisons here.
- Cacao powder (or cocoa powder) - cacao powder and chocolate makes perfect sense, right?!
- Dandy blend (or your choice of instant coffee) - Dandy blend is one of the coffee alternatives that I personally enjoy. The coffee-like flavor brings out (without overpowering) the chocolate flavor of the smoothie.
- Protein powder of your choice - because most protein powders are sweet, you don't need to add additional sweeteners like syrup or honey to make the smoothie sweet. This also helps you stay full longer.
When I made this smoothie, I was feeling extra fancy so I decorated my smoothie with coconut whip cream with a vegan chocolate drizzle (a mixture of cacao powder, maple syrup, and coconut oil). It was such a treat! Wouldn't it make you happy if you were having this as breakfast? I think so!
Happy drinking, my friends!Print
Mocha Protein Smoothie with Banana
Mocha Protein Smoothie with Banana - Breakfast smoothie that is easy, tasty, healthy, and rich in protein! This smoothie will keep you energize and full!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 big smoothies 1x
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 Banana (frozen or fresh)
- 1 and ½ cup soy milk
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 2 tablespoons Dandy blend (or 2 servings of instant coffee of your choice)
- 2 scoops of protein powder of your choice (I used vanilla)
- Place all the ingredients in the high-speed blender and blend until everything is smooth.
- Enjoy right away.
- This recipe makes 2 big servings of smoothie (14-16 ounces each).
- You can garnish your smoothie with whip cream, banana slices, and chocolate syrup drizzle you are feeling extra dessert-y!
Keywords: mocha flavor banana protein smoothie, breakfast mocha smoothie, breakfast smoothie, protein smoothie, mocha smoothie, smoothie