Vegan Breakfast Burritos - Vegan breakfast burrito filled with delicious scrambled tofu, flavorful soy chorizo potato hash, and creamy avocado! Perfect breakfast on the go - healthy, tasty, and nutritious!
When it comes to breakfast, I'm team savory through and through. I will choose a savory omelet over a chocolate chip pancake EVERY TIME! What can I say? I'm just a hardcore team savory!
This vegan breakfast burrito is exactly that! It's filled with delicious scrambled tofu, flavorful soy chorizo potato hash, and creamy avocado slices. Sounds good? Let's get started!
Ingredients in Vegan Breakfast Burritos with Scrambled Tofu
- Scrambled Tofu (15 minutes to make)
- Soy Chorizo potato hash (30 minutes to make)
- Other fixings - avocado slices, pickled jalapeno, and salsa
- Tortillas of your choice
I have a recipe for both scrambled tofu and soy chorizo potato hash. I made a big batch of soy chorizo potato hash and I just whipped up the scrambled tofu (in less than 15 minutes!). So this burrito came together in less than 20 minutes!
If you don't have the soy chorizo potato hash already made, it will take about 30 minutes to make them. I've already had a big batch made but if you were to make individual components of the burrito, This will be perfect for your meal prep!
How to store vegan breakfast burrito
I like to wrap mine in parchment paper or wax paper. Then transfer them into an air-tight bag or container. It keeps in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I personally have not tried to freeze the burrito yet. I was worried that the texture of the tofu will change once I freeze and thaw the burrito. If you try it, please let me know!
How to reheat your vegan breakfast burrito
- Microwave - Unwrap your burrito and place it on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave for a minute or two. The burrito will be hot so please let it cool for a minute before you eat.
- Toaster oven - Unwrap your burrito and place it on a baking sheet. Place a piece of foil on top of your burrito so your burrito won't get crunchy or burned. Cook at 400F for 4-6 minutes.
How to customize vegan breakfast burrito with scrambled tofu
- Add spring mix or your favorite greens (kale, arugula, spinach, etc.)
- Add vegan cheese of your choice
- Cook leftover veggies into your scrambled tofu (think veggie omelet! Just use tofu instead of eggs!)
- Condiments (Tajin or hot sauce will be a great addition)
Looking for a vegan breakfast burrito without tofu?
Although I LOVE tofu, I understand not everyone is a tofu fan. If so, you can use these substitutions.
- Just Egg - You can cook it like you would a scrambled egg. Or you can bulk it up by adding more vegetables to make more filling burritos.
- Refried bean - It is creamy, filling, and nutritious. You can use the refried bean in the place of tofu scramble.
- Beans of your choice - Black beans seasoned with garlic, cumin, chili powder, and onion powder will work well in this burrito.
Vegan Breakfast Burritos with Scrambled Tofu
Vegan Breakfast Burritos - Vegan breakfast burrito filled with delicious scrambled tofu, breakfast soy chorizo potato hash, and avocado!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 breakfast burritos 1x
- Category: Breakfast/brunch
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- Heat the tortilla for 15-20 seconds in the microwave.
- Lay a spoonful of scrambled tofu in the middle of the tortilla.
- Lay a spoonful of chorizo potato hash on top of tofu.
- Add the avocado slices on top.
- If you like spicy food, place 3-4 pickled jalapeños.
- Wrap the tortilla to make the burrito. I like to fold the side towards the center first. Then grab the bottom part of the tortilla and wrap towards the top.
- Serve it with salsa.
- The pickled jalapeños are optional but it does add a perfect amount of crunch, sweetness, and tang to the burrito. These pickled jalapeños are great on tortilla chips, too!
Keywords: vegan breakfast burritos with scrambled tofu, vegan breakfast burritos, breakfast burritos