Looking for a quick, easy, healthy, and delicious smoothie that will brighten up your breakfast time? Look no further. This Good Morning Green Smoothie got your back!
Hello, Hello, Hello!
I know it has been such a LONG time since my last blog post but if you had the chance to check out my new updated ‘About‘ bio page, it summarizes what happened while I was away from blogging.
The ‘Cliff Note’ version is this. I moved to Los Angeles with my husband and I now am vegetarian. To be perfectly honest with you, it is a huge challenge to figure out what to eat for each meal. My husband is an omnivore so it makes it more tricky to find something we both can enjoy.
To my surprise, breakfast has actually been the easiest meal. Why is this a surprise? Because it used to be the hardest meal! I usually just drink coffee in the morning and that would be it. But now that I’m a vegetarian, I need something a little more filling than a cup of coffee. So what do I do for breakfast?
You’ve guessed it! “Smoothie!!! Specifically, this “Good Morning Green Smoothie”! This green smoothie has become a regular breakfast item in my household.
Ingredients in Good morning Green Smoothie
- Lemon juice
- Plant-based milk
- Plant-based vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Barley grass powder (optional)
My smoothie is not only delicious but satisfying and filling. After all, my hubby who usually crinkles his nose at any green drinks actually looks forward to this magical smoothie in the morning.
If you are looking for something that’s easy, quick, delicious, filling, and healthy, I don’t doubt this smoothie will rock your morning. Happy eating/drinking, my friends!
Looking for more delicious smoothie recipes?
- Try mood-boosting cacao smoothie to get rid of your blues!
- Want a little afternoon treat? How about a mocha flavor banana protein smoothie?
- Looking for something refreshing and healthy? This red beet smoothie is full of antioxidants!
Good Morning Green Smoothie
Looking for a quick, easy, healthy, and delicious green smoothie that will brighten up your breakfast time? Look no further. This recipe is it!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: Two 16 ounces 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 medium-size banana
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1 small pear, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup non-dairy milk of your choice (*see note)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 juice of a small lemon
- 1 teaspoon of barley grass powder (optional, ** see note)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until everything is smooth.
- Serve right away.
* I have used almond milk, vanilla-flavored almond milk, and oat milk to make this smoothie. Oat milk gives the most creamy taste. If you are looking for something really refreshing, I’d recommend unsweetened almond milk for the smoothie.
** The barley grass powder has a very mild taste and most likely you won’t taste it in the smoothie. This is strictly for nutritional purposes and not for taste. You can skip this ingredient if you don’t have it.
*** I also like to add plant-based vanilla protein powder to bulk up my smoothie. I like this brand but have not tried many plant-based protein powders to have a strong preference. I recommend using a mild vanilla flavor protein powder so it won’t interfere with the natural taste of the smoothie.
Keywords: Good Morning Green Smoothie, smoothie, green smoothie