Vegan Korean Miso Soup (Korean Soybean Paste Soup) that’s packed with umami and goodness! Experience the authentic Korean flavor for your dinner tonight.
Happy Wednesday, friends.
How was your Fourth of July? Mine was awesome! I got to go visit family and friends in Maryland over the holiday and had such an amazing time there. It was truly great but I was homesick once I got back to LA 🙁
What do you do when you are homesick? Honestly, I think there is nothing better than food to console homesickness. And my Vegan Korean Miso Soup a.k.a Korean Soybean Paste Soup came to my mind.
This is my mom’s recipe. Although my mom’s soup is infinitely better than mine, my Vegan Korean Miso Soup is pretty darn delicious with a hot bowl of rice and Kimchi on the side.
Because this is a very authentic recipe, you do need a couple of ingredients that may seem unfamiliar to you unless you were brought up in a Korean household. Those two ingredients are:
There aren’t really any replacements so you do need to get those two to make the dish. You can easily find them in your local Asian grocery store but if you don’t have these stores nearby, you can always order them on Amazon.
Once you have all the ingredients in hand, the dish is super easy to make. It’s pretty much putting all the ingredients in the pot, boil, and voila! And delicious, full of umami, and authentic Vegan Korean Miso Soup (Korean soybean paste soup) is ready!
Enjoy this soup with bowl of rice and side of Kimchi!
Happy eating, my friends!
If you like Korean food, check out my other Korean recipes:
- Vegan-Friendly Korean Bibimbap
- Vegan Kimbap (Vegan-friendly Korean sushi rolls)
- Vegetarian Korean Pancake
- Korean Seafood Pancake
- Korean Bulgogi
Vegan Korean Miso Soup (Korean Soybean Paste Soup)
Vegan Korean Miso Soup (Korean Soybean Paste Soup) that’s packed with umami and goodness!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Korean
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 tablespoons Korean Soybean paste
- 1 and 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-size jalapeño, seed removed and chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Korean red pepper flakes
- 1/2 block tofu, chopped
- Cooked rice (for serving)
- In a small pot, add 2 tablespoons of Korean soybean paste in 1 and a half cup of water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the onion, garlic, jalapeño, zucchini, and green onion to the soup. Boil it for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the Korean red pepper flakes and chopped tofu to the soup and continue to boil for couple more minutes.
- Serve with a bowl of rice.
Keywords: Vegan Korean miso soup Korean soybean paste soup, Korean bean paste soup, Korean miso soup, Korean soup, Danjangjjigae