Looking for delicious and easy vegetarian recipes to celebrate Cinco de Mayo? Look no further! We got tasty tacos and enchiladas with homemade salsa and refreshing drinks to wash everything down!
Are you celebrating this fun holiday with vegetarian(s) this year? And you are not sure what to make? Well, I'm here to help! In my opinion, Mexican food is one of the easiest cuisines to "vegetarianize". It is often filled with beans and vegetables and cooked with fun spices!
I promise you these recipes will help you create fun and tasty vegetarian-friendly Cinco de Mayo party!
Vegetarian Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Vegetarian/Vegan Fish Stick Tacos - A delicious option that's great for both vegan and omnivore. You can easily customize the recipe to meet everyone's dietary needs!
- Vegetarian Enchiladas - Tasty enchiladas filled with healthy veggie. Guilt-free enchiladas? Sign me up, please!
- Homemade tomato salsa - A perfect refreshing side dish to complement vegan fish tacos or vegetarian enchiladas.
- Frozen mango and pineapple margarita - Sweet and tangy drink to kick the party up a notch!
- Nondairy Horchata-inspired drink (non-alcoholic) - Who wouldn't want to enjoy delicious Mexican food with tasty horchata? I have a nondairy version that is pretty darn close to the real stuff!
Vegetarian/Vegan Fish Stick Tacos
These Baja-style tacos are made with vegan fish sticks (Gardein Fishless Filets), cabbage slaws, guacamole, and homemade salsa. Crunchy slaws and creamy guacamole are perfect for these tacos.
But wait, are you enjoying these tacos with non-vegetarian? No problem! You can simply serve this with regular fish sticks to satisfy everyone's dietary needs.
Delicious enchiladas filled with black beans and healthy veggies like zucchini, yellow squash, tomato, and bell pepper. Whether you are a vegetarian or an omnivore, this is a crowd-pleasing dish that's filling, healthy, and delicious!
Homemade Tomato Salsa
This is a healthy and refreshing tomato salsa made with fresh tomato, onion, jalapeno, and red wine vinegar. Most salsas are made with lime juice but I like to use sweet and tangy red wine vinegar.
This salsa is the perfect complementary side for vegetarian/vegan fish tacos and vegetarian enchiladas!
Frozen Mango and Pineapple Margarita
Are you ready to kick the Cinco de Mayo party a notch with a delicious drink? I got you! You can easily make this margarita with frozen mango and pineapple! Simple, easy, delicious, and quick (5 minutes) drink that's perfect for this occasion!
Nondairy Horchata Inspired Drink
Wait, what if I'm not a drinker? And what about the children? I didn't forget about you guys! This is a nondairy, horchata-inspired drink that will blow your mind!
Leave a Reply